Contact US

Contact US
Email us at: Redcarpetshows@gmail.com or visit our Website by clicking on the MAILBOX

The Red Carpet BLOG

The Red Carpet BLOG
Get in the Know with the RED CARPET BLOG

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight: Brandon Michael O'Brien discuuses his role in A CHORUS LINE

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight: Brandon Michael O'Brien discuuses his role in A CHORUS LINE

Brandon Michael O’Brien (Richie)  To be a part of this singular sensation is a great joy to Brandon. After performing in Hairspray (Thad) at the Lockport Palace Theater and with Niagara Fine Arts Productions; Brandon is grateful to grace the stage yet again as Richie Walters. Other credits include High School Musical 2: On Stage (Zeke Baylor) RENT (Ensemble) Aladdin (Aladdin) among others.

RCTP: Tell me about the first time you saw A Chorus Line , did you ever think you would have the opportunity to be cast in the show, and what makes you want to be a part of this production?

BO: "The first time that I saw A Chorus Line was when I was watching my friend's DVD when she performed it at Summerstock. I didn't have the slightest idea that I would possibly have the chance to do this show, and I am so grateful that the opportunity has come along. This production has a great team that I knew would be a privilege to work with, and upon arriving at the auditions and attending the callbacks I realized how talented everyone else was and that I just had to work with them."

RCTP: What Character do you play in A Chorus Line and do you have any similarities in common with your character?

BO: "I play Richie Walters, we do share a few things in common. For starters we're both highly energetic, sometimes too energetic, and are extremely passionate about performing. Like Richie, I once wanted to be a teacher but turned to theatre instead."


RCTP: A Chorus Line was conceived and originally Directed/Choreographed by Buffalo’s own Michael Bennett.  If he were here today, what do you think his thoughts would be about the level of talent in this current production, with most of the talent coming from the Western New York Region?


BO:"I think that Michael Bennett might shed a small tear to see that people from and around his hometown are starring in his production. The talent level is through the roof, and he probably wouldn't be prepared for it."

RCTP: What is your next project?

BO: " As of right now I have nothing lined up, but there are some really amazing shows being put on that have auditions this Winter that I'm looking forward to."
 
A Chorus Line  will be performed at the Lancaster Opera House from January 20,2012 -February 4, 2012.  Tickets can be purchased by calling the Box Office at 716-683-1776 or by visiting the Lancaster Opera House website at www.lancopera.org

No comments: