Contact US

Contact US
Email us at: Redcarpetshows@gmail.com or visit our Website by clicking on the MAILBOX

The Red Carpet BLOG

The Red Carpet BLOG
Get in the Know with the RED CARPET BLOG

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight: Danielle Pitirri discusses her role in A CHORUS LINE

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight: Danielle Pitirri discusses her role in  A CHORUS LINE

Danielle Seabury Pitirri (Kristine) Danielle Pitirri (Kristine) is thrilled to be part of the cast of  A Chorus Line  after recently being seen on the Opera House stage in Cinderella (Queen).  Other credits include The Sound of Music (Mother Abbess), Funny Girl (Ensemble/Dance Captain), Mame (Featured Dancer/Ensemble), Once Upon a Mattress (Dancer/Ensemble), Our Miss Brooks (Elsie).  She received her Master's Degree in Social Work from the University at Buffalo.

RCTP: Tell me about the first time you saw A Chorus Line , did you ever think you would have the opportunity to be cast in the show, and what makes you want to be a part of this production?
DP: My first exposure to A Chorus Line was when I saw the movie as a teenager.  The movie does not capture the true essence and exhilaration of seeing the show live.  When you experience the music and the dancing in front of you on stage, it is a breathtaking experience that I am truly honored to be a part of.  Being cast in this show is really a dream come true.  I had taken an extended break from theater and never imagined that I would have the opportunity to be part of this iconic show.  It is a show that speaks to anyone who has ever been a dancer.  Having the chance to dance some of the original Michael Bennett Choreography and sing the amazing songs is a highlight of my career.  It is a thrill, and I am loving every minute of it!

RCTP: What Character do you play in A Chorus Line and do you have any similarities in common with your character?
DP: I play the role of Kristine.  She has really been a fun character to develop.  Kristine is sweet and “high-spirited”, and gets easily flustered.  She is very honest, almost to a fault, and can make herself vulnerable.  Like Kristine, I am desperately in love with my family and can be intimidated by others when I feel out of my element.  We are also similar in that we tend to overly worry or get nervous about things.  However, we both use this energy for good as we have a strong determination to be successful.

RCTP: A Chorus Line was conceived and originally Directed/Choreographed by Buffalo’s own Michael Bennett. If he were here today, what do you think his thoughts would be about the level of talent in this current production, with most of the talent coming from the Western New York Region?
DP: He would no doubt be impressed with the talent in this show and how the production has stayed true to his original concept and vision.  No detail has been overlooked in producing this show, and it is impressive to see the dedication and skill of the entire cast.  I think Michael Bennett would be amazed, and so will the audience as they are transported from the first “A five, six, seven, eight!”

RCTP: What do you like most about working with Red Carpet Theater Productions?
DP: It has been such a positive experience, especially the attention to every detail in the process.  You can definitely tell you are working with a professional theater company with Red Carpet.  I love the entire cast and team, and love the feeling of walking away from every rehearsal feeling very accomplished and having a lot of fun in the process.

RCTP: What is your next project?
DP: My family has made a lot of sacrifices for me to have the opportunity to pursue my dreams in working on this production, so I plan on taking some time to work on my most important role of being a mom.  I am excited for the chance to go out for some auditions later next year!



No comments: