Contact US

Contact US
Email us at: Redcarpetshows@gmail.com or visit our Website by clicking on the MAILBOX

The Red Carpet BLOG

The Red Carpet BLOG
Get in the Know with the RED CARPET BLOG

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight: Rochester's Brian Maxwell discusses his role in A CHORUS LINE

Red Carpet's Artist Spotlight:  Rochester's Brian Maxwell discusses his role in A CHORUS LINE
 
Brian J. Maxwell (Don)  Brian J. Maxwell is thrilled to be making his Buffalo debut in A Chorus Line!  Some of his favorite past credits include: Cabaret (Emcee), The Producers (Dance Captain), Once On This Island (Papa Ge), The Wiz (Tin Man), West Side Story (Riff), Assassins (John Hinkley), TANYS award for the role of Cinderella’s Prince in Into the woods , Side Show (Buddy), A Funny Thing…Forum (Marcus Lycus), Seussical (General Genghis Kahn Schmitz), Chicago (Fred Casely), My Fair Lady (Harry), Flower’s for Algernon (Charlie Gordon) Les Miserables (Thernardier). Brian has also performed with Six Flags at Darien Lake and Great Adventure.
 
RCTP: Tell me about the first time you saw A Chorus Line , did you ever think you would have the opportunity to be cast in the show, and what makes you want to be a part of this production?
BM: "The first time I ever saw A Chorus Line was the movie back in 2002 because my dance instructor Charles McGowan played Mike in the movie.  Ever since then I have always hoped I would have an opportunity to be apart of a production of A Chorus Line. And I am thrilled that it gets to happen with such a talented cast!"
 
RCTP: What Character do you play in A Chorus Line and do you have any similarities in common with your character?
BM: "I play Don in Red Carpets production of A Chorus Line.  Don is a 28 year old married man with two children.  I can definitely find some common ground with the character because Don would just love to continue doing what he loves for a living, but when it all boils down it's all about taking care of his family. However I don't have a family myself but I can definitely see where he is coming from." 

RCTP: A Chorus Line was conceived and originally Directed/Choreographed by Buffalo’s own Michael Bennett.  If he were here today, what do you think his thoughts would be about the level of talent in this current production, with most of the talent coming from the Western New York Region?
BM: "I think if Michael Bennett were here today he would be very impressed with the talent in this production of A Chorus Line.  We are sticking to the original meaning and vision he had back when he did it." 
 

RCTP: What is your next project?
BM: "I wish I knew what my next project was at the moment.  I have a couple of things that are being discussed at the moment but nothing set in stone." 
 
A Chorus Line  will be performed at the Lancaster Opera House from January 20,2012 -February 4, 2012.  Tickets can be purchased by calling the Box Office at 716-683-1776 or by visiting the Lancaster Opera House website at http://www.lancopera.org/
 


 

No comments: